3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-19-2013, 07:30 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Issues with windows express up feature

Is anyone else having issues with the window express up feature on their 2013 MKZ?

I just noticed the other day that the express up on the driverís side was no longer working and then last night was playing around with the global open/close via the remote.

But the first attempt to close all windows from the remote only closed the two rear windows and the sunroof.

However, the second attempt only the passenger rear window and the sun roof would close.

The express down works for all windows either via the remote or from the driverís door.
post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-19-2013, 07:34 PM

This is an example of a larger issue on the 2013 MKZ and Fusion Hybrids.

The windows will forget their settings (usually express UP) if the 12 V battery charge dwindles.

You may also see the Battery Saver message on the screen when you shut off your car, or have been using the accessories without the engine running.

Ford issued a TSB last month about the battery issue. TSB 13-5-1 (Reprogram Direct Current Module) should be performed by your service dept. In the mean time, you can reprogram your windows by manually lowering them, hold 3 seconds, raise them and hold 3 seconds, then lower again and hold 3 seconds. Express up/down should now work.
MKZ-Admin and Radon like this.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-19-2013, 07:44 PM
I love my MKZ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zpain View Post

The windows will forget their settings (usually express UP) if the 12 V battery charge dwindles.

You may also see the Battery Saver message on the screen when you shut off your car, or have been using the accessories without the engine running.

Ford issued a TSB last month about the battery issue. TSB 13-5-1 (Reprogram Direct Current Module) should be performed by your service dept. In the mean time, you can reprogram your windows by manually lowering them, hold 3 seconds, raise them and hold 3 seconds, then lower again and hold 3 seconds. Express up/down should now work.

good info.. thanks!

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-23-2013, 01:47 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Thanks a lot for posting the reprogramming procedure. THANKFULLY we can remedy this situation ourselves, sure beats taking time out of our busy schedules to visit the dealership.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-12-2013, 01:41 PM

I had similar problem with passenger window. Had to hold in down and up position a few times to get the auto up/down to work again. Funny I never had to do that with previous/current Audi, BMW or Lexus'
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-12-2013, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zpain View Post

Thanks for bringing this up I am sure it will help some of the future owners who will experience this issue.

I am not familiar with TSBs but do the dealerships actually call owners when one comes up for their vehicles?
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-19-2013, 04:50 PM

There are many many TSB out there. Its basicly something they can search if you come in with a simple problem. None are recalls or anything major.

The windows do this when you roll them up and down without going all the way.
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-19-2013, 05:00 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radon View Post
Thanks for bringing this up I am sure it will help some of the future owners who will experience this issue.

I am not familiar with TSBs but do the dealerships actually call owners when one comes up for their vehicles?
If you go in with a problem they will probably search for a TSB, anything safety related that involves a recall...you can expect a phone call, letter in the mail, email, etc
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-20-2013, 05:08 PM

can't believe there are these little malfunctions that get in the way they should be all programmed correctly to begin with. Such a waste of time when you have to go in to the dealership for these small things and then they try to upsell you services.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-31-2013, 12:29 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Me too

My problems with the windows is not consistant

Mostly with the front passenger side but have seen this occasionally on all of them. I don't believe this is a programing error but it may be the auto-stop function from to much friction causing resistance.

My wife's Accura RSX has a similar issue from time to time and the Accura folks just lube up the tracks and it works fine again.

I am heading to the dealler about this and some other minor issues next week or so.....will report back what they try.